Wait>.75
    MouseMove>XArr_0,YArr_0
    LClick
    Endif
    If>AC=0
    Goto>BC
    Endif
    Wait>.5
So it essentially continues searching for an image until the image is there since if the image isn't present, it just reverts back to the "FindImagePos" command and proceeds to look for the image and so on. I don't like using the "Wait for an image to appear before continuing" just because it seemed a little finicky whenever I initially tried it.

My question: How should I make the script look for the image for say 5 seconds, and proceed on if the image is unable to be found.

Thanks so much,
Isaac

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Re: Repeated image searching question

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Wed May 20, 2020 6:43 am

WaitScreenImage *CONTAINS* FindImagePos in a loop. That's all WaitScreenImage is - essentially it is exactly what you have. It's a loop with FindImagePos in it. They aren't just the SAME implementation - WaitScreenImage *IS* FindImagePos.

And with WaitScreenImage you can set a timeout. So the simplest solution would be just to use WaitScreenImage with a timeout. Hopefully what I've said above allays any concerns - it cannot possibly be more 'finnicky' than FindImagePos. It literally *IS* FindImagePos.

However, if you wanted to reinvent the wheel you could simply check for elapsed time in your loop. Look at the Timer> command.

You might want to consider using a Repeat/Until or While/EndWhile instead of the labels, gotos and ifs that you have right now.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

gnastie

Re: Repeated image searching question

Post by gnastie » Wed May 20, 2020 6:01 pm

Alright, I think I'll just go with the WaitScreenImage timeout option. Thanks.