Screen capture capturing wrong area

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

manicops

Screen capture capturing wrong area

Post by manicops » Mon May 11, 2020 7:47 am

I've used the Image Recognition Wizard to compare a small snippet of information with another.
I then use the 'Where to Look', 'Search within this rectangle' to draw a certain area where I want to find this information.

When I check the temp folder the larger area that's captured in screenrect.bmp is different to the area I've told it to capture. It appears slightly above the area that I've told it to capture and causing my script to return false when the snippet is clearly there. :(

I'm using a dual monitor setup with dual 1920 x 1080 monitors. Unfortunately, I can't send examples due to data protection/sensitive information policies.

Any ideas why it's capturing the wrong area?

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Re: Screen capture capturing wrong area

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Mon May 11, 2020 2:58 pm

I was able to recreate this issue by connecting/disconnecting monitors without rebooting Macro Scheduler.

I assume your resolution settings haven't changed, which could cause this. Of course you can always edit the coordinates in your script to reflect the correct area.

One thing to consider when using dual monitors is that Macro Scheduler may not detect changes (connecting/disconnecting monitors) when it's running. This is pertinent when using dual monitors if the extra monitor is not always connected, so restarting Macro Scheduler may be required. Maybe the script was created when only one monitor was connected, or Macro Scheduler thought only one monitor was connected?

Is the problem resolved if you?..

1. Make sure both monitors are connected.
2. Restart Macro Scheduler.
3. Recreate the script.
Yes, we have a Custom Scripting Service. Message me or go here