Unable to open Variable Code Explorer properly

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

DreamTheater

Unable to open Variable Code Explorer properly

Post by DreamTheater » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:42 am

Hi,

I'm putting some final touches on a script I've been working on and when I tried to check the variables from the variable code explorer (CTRL ALT V) I receive an error message and the variables do not appear.

After trying to open the explorer it hangs for about 5-10 seconds and then returns a popup error "List index out of bounds (-1)".
After pressing OK (only option) the Code Explorer window appears but the Variables tab is completely blank.

Ifs tab appears to be normal
Dialogs tab appears to be normal

Subroutines has a lot less results than expected (9 out of what should be ~30-50)
If I remove the 10th SRT (because they're listed in order of line#) then it shows me the rest of the SRT's correctly, but still no variables, The error message still appears.
If I remove any mention of going to that subroutine in the main script the error still occurs.
If I step through the SRT it works fine.

I found an old post that mentioned it being a Delphi error, I removed all mention of the dialog and it still occurs.

I copy pasted the entire script into a new file and the error still occurs.
I tried removing chunks of code at a time to see there's a section that causes an error, the entire script is 5.5k lines so I removed chunks of about 500-100 at a time, then tried opening the variable explorer but the error keeps occurring, so if it's an issue with the script I can't seem to pinpoint what or where.

Other scripts don't have this issue and I can see their variables without any errors.

The only time I've seen an error like this before was when I was playing with Webrecorder functions.
If the result from something like IEGetFromURL> is false (res var becomes -1) could that cause any issues?

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Cheers

DreamTheater

Re: Unable to open Variable Code Explorer properly

Post by DreamTheater » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:36 am

After an energy drink and a bit more testing I have found and replicated the root cause.

Code: Select all

IEGetTagPos>IE_MAX_PICKR,_swepopcontent,span,id,%PICKR_OKID%,PICKR_X,PICKR_Y
Try create a new .SCP file with that line and open the Variable Code Explorer and the error should appear.
I can step through this part of the script without any errors, only when I open the explorer.

Is this a bug?

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Re: Unable to open Variable Code Explorer properly

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:44 am

Thanks for this. Same here. So guess, yes, it's a bug. Not sure why but we'll investigate and get it sorted.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?