Auto fill Web Tab Form with Excel Data

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

KEV

Auto fill Web Tab Form with Excel Data

Post by KEV » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:28 am

Can I use VB script with Macro Scheduler to auto fill a Web Form (that is a Tab Form composed
of multiple sub forms) with data from MS Excel. This Tab Form has 14 different sub forms (like a Parent-Child relationship) in which only one form is visible with text fields, check boxes, radio buttons i. e. ) The other sub forms also have text fields, check boxes, radio buttons i. e. that I want to update and auto fill from values in an MS Excel document. Currently I have to fill one form at a time after I click on Tab to activate that form. The Tab form is also available as an off-line desktop app.
Any assistance or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks for your time and assistance.
Kev

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Re: Auto fill Web Tab Form with Excel Data

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:08 pm

Macro Scheduler can read data from Excel cells and has a variety of ways of completing forms - these depend greatly on the form in question. You can use VB Script from within Macro Scheduler to do this if you wish, but whether you need to or whether that's the best way depends on which other options are viable.

In my opinion the first port-of-call should usually be to familiarize yourself with the Find IE Element Wizard. Sometimes we need to use the code generated by the wizard, in conjunction with keyboard commands, Image Recognition, or indeed some VB Script.

With automation there are often a great many ways to skin a cat. It's just a matter of finding the best way. If you'd like us to look at the form we'd be happy to help you get started. Feel free to send more details over to support @ MacroScheduler . com.
Yes, we have a Custom Scripting Service. Message me or go here