SRT END mismatch

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

bbrink
Pro Scripter

SRT END mismatch

Post by bbrink » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:40 pm

Hello,

I have a script that has a ONE SRT in it and when I try to save it I get message:

Subroutine mismatch
There is a mismatch in the number of SRT> and End>statements.

I search SRT> and find 1. I search END> and find 1.

I ran the awesome cleanup script that Marcus wrote and I still cannot find my mistake.
https://www.mjtnet.com/blog/2019/01/09/ ... -clean-up/

***The script executes fine. -Other than the message that pops up to tell me I have a mismatch.

Is there something the error message isn't telling me? -Some other condition I need to search for. In addition to the one SRT, the code also includes VB and Python via legacy Python27.dll called by Let>PYTHON_DLL=python27.dll

I am using latest version of MS 14.5.6 (yes 6)

Thank you,

Bob

PepsiHog
Automation Wizard

Re: SRT END mismatch

Post by PepsiHog » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:13 pm

Bob,

Want to help. Can you post the code?

Thanks,
PepsiHog
Windows 7

PepsiHog. Yep! I drink LOTS of Pepsi (still..in 2021) AND enjoy programming. (That's my little piece of heaven!)

The immensity of the scope of possibilities within Macro Scheduler pushes the user beyond just macros!

bbrink
Pro Scripter

Post by bbrink » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:45 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the offer, I truly appreciate it, but unfortunately the code will bark about a lot more than SRT's if I move it away from the local database server licensing server it needs.

I was wondering if this had something to do with the changes that were made in 14.5.5, but I dropped the code into 14.2.07 and tried to save it and have same error.

I think the key to solving this will be knowing how MS counts SRT's. Perhaps some of the super-powers that MS has like running vBSCRIPT and PYTHON code may be included in the count or code inside of those may affect the count?!?

Thanks again!

Bob

bbrink
Pro Scripter

Post by bbrink » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:57 pm

In case someone else encounters this...

A strange thing happened during my attempt to figure this out... -I rebooted my computer and the error went away! (Doh!)

I had previously closed and re-opened MS a number of times and was certain only one instance of MS was running. But I had not rebooted since update to latest MS. Perhaps that was affecting this or there was something goofy in memory. I had been moving SRT's around and between several scripts and there were a number of times tests closed MS, "in a less than graceful fashion". Keep in mind, I started with a script of about 3500 lines, that called a half dozen SRTS, Python, VB... -I also went through upgrade of MS, and the Python changes from 27...

The mystery may not be solved, but this case is closed!