Texte Finder in LinkedIn Message

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Hartasse

Texte Finder in LinkedIn Message

Post by Hartasse » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:23 pm

Hello,
I'm starting out with macro scheduler to automate some work that I do (obvious)
So my only problem is I can't find a tool to find keywords (like : Ok,yes, of course, for sure) in a selected area like the LinkedIn message box then I could extract the name of the user. And if the tool finds : "no, I don't want" I just skip them.

If someone could help a French teenager that spent 5 hours scrolling through the forum to find solutions but can't find one!

Thanks a lot !!!

Hartasse

Re: Texte Finder in LinkedIn Message

Post by Hartasse » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:04 am

By the way, I'm going to buy the program for my personnal use but I need to know before if it does everything that I need!
Just to explain a bit more what my automation needs to do: I'm doing a school project and I'm sending lots of messages on LinkedIn, so I want the automation to open the urls (that I have) of people that awnsered my first message to see if they are ok to speak with me. So when the tool open the url, it search for keywords like ' Yes of course' so it will underlight their name and put it in an excel sheet and If it finds negative feedback like "no" it just skip them. I tried OCR and a lot of stuff, I went through a lot of forum post and I'm completly unable to do it. Thanks if you help me !!!!

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Re: Texte Finder in LinkedIn Message

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:31 pm

Yes you should be able to do that. I wouldn't use OCR though. You should be able to look at the html using the IE functions.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?