Drones

Anything Really. Just keep it clean!

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

PepsiHog
Automation Wizard

Drones

Post by PepsiHog » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:27 am

Hello Everyone,

Just curious if any of you are flying drones. Anyone completely against droning? What is it that makes droning so fun for some and so hateful for others?

Is it just because they have a camera on board? I mean before drones, rc aircrafts didn't usually have any cameras on board, and I never heard of anyone hating on rc planes or helicopters. (not quadcopters since that is considered to be a drone)

Also why is it people are so worried about the word "Drone"? Some say it's not a drone because it is not autonomous. Even military drones are remote controlled by someone, right? If not, then it's been programmed by someone who would be flying it otherwise. A drone is an unmanned aircraft, isn't it? But I guess that would make all rc's drones then. Maybe it's the camera that does it.

Anyway, hope I didn't give it away.....but I bought one. And I LOVE it! I've had it for probably coming up on a year.

I have no intentions on this being a debate. I am just curious what you think and if you have one yet? Planning to get one?

Oh yea, I have a Phantom 3 Standard.

PepsiHog
Windows 7

PepsiHog. Yep! I drink LOTS of Pepsi (still..in 2021) AND enjoy programming. (That's my little piece of heaven!)

The immensity of the scope of possibilities within Macro Scheduler pushes the user beyond just macros!

Djek
Pro Scripter

Re: Drones

Post by Djek » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:46 am

Awsome !!! i love them.

https://www.ted.com/talks/raffaello_d_a ... the_future

and yes, i bought a cheap (210 euro) drone, but i crashed it into peace's against a wall afer 3 minutes playing.
:-(

kind regards,
Djek