Brain Games!

Anything Really. Just keep it clean!

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

PepsiHog
Automation Wizard

Brain Games!

Post by PepsiHog » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:34 pm

Hello,

Anyone watching Brain Games on tv? Pretty cool the things they know (or think they know) about our brains. Really a lot of it is just educated guesses. The brain has many secrets, and it's not going to give them up easily.

It makes me think. They tell you "Pay Attention". So you try to pay attention and you miss everything they're showing you. Like the rabbit. And the bear. How many ducks? Did anyone fall for that? I did.

If we miss so much, and it appears we do, it makes me wonder. How many things are right in front of us that we are missing? Do you believe there are others out there? If you do, and we miss so much, maybe we've been invaded already. When I see a movie, I use to think the alien is so obvious, how could they miss it that easily? But now........maybe!!

Are the aliens aware of our inability to pay attention and take advantage of that weakness. Maybe they understand it so well, they can tell when it is safe to walk right in front of us, and not be noticed. Freaky!!

And what are they doing when we're sleeping? !!!!!!!!

What if they are here to STEAL our Pepsi? Now! That is scary!

Drink lots of Pepsi, it might be gone tomorrow,
PepsiHog
(damn aliens)
Windows 7

PepsiHog. Yep! I drink LOTS of Pepsi (still..in 2021) AND enjoy programming. (That's my little piece of heaven!)

The immensity of the scope of possibilities within Macro Scheduler pushes the user beyond just macros!

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:20 am

Hi PepsiHog,
Enjoy your New York Times morning reading:
This Is Your Brain on Coffee.

PepsiHog
Automation Wizard

Hello

Post by PepsiHog » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:41 pm

That's exactly why I don't pay any mind to that sort of thing. Today it's good for you, tomorrow it's bad for you. I feel for those that keep changing what they eat and what they do, just to stay up-to-date on the latest health trend that's not going to be healthy tomorrow.

My moto is "something has to kill you". But that's my opinion. That doesn't mean they are wrong. Now they say running is actually bad for you.....in the long run. You should just walk.

Pepsi is bad for me. Ok, I get it. Now leave me to my Pepsi. Go have some chemically altered powdered drink instead that causes cancer or some other thing. Puts you in a wheelchair, and you end up fat anyway. Or what about getting run over by a MAC truck? All that effort to be healthy, and BAM!! (Mac Truck is just an example, don't read too much into it.)

But I don't really think about this much. I'm not very opinionated.

PepsiHog
Windows 7

PepsiHog. Yep! I drink LOTS of Pepsi (still..in 2021) AND enjoy programming. (That's my little piece of heaven!)

The immensity of the scope of possibilities within Macro Scheduler pushes the user beyond just macros!

Meryl
Staff

Post by Meryl » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:42 pm

Been fascinated by this stuff. Saw a video not too long ago that demonstrated this same concept. Just finished reading "Stumbling on Happiness," which talks about how our minds work that sometimes it tricks us into thinking the wrong thing

Good example from the book. The author didn't like "Schindler's List." His wife challenged him to watch it again. He actually liked it -- but it was the part at the end that he didn't like. Thus, the most recent memory (last part of the movie) that became the basis for his long-term memory (didn't like movie).

PepsiHog
Automation Wizard

Post by PepsiHog » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:14 pm

Just finished reading "Stumbling on Happiness," which talks about how our minds work that sometimes it tricks us into thinking the wrong thing
Brain Games says our brain also tricks us into thinking we know the right answer to a question. It uses little bits and pieces of everything we know to convince us we are right.

Well, if I remember correctly. :lol:

PepsiHog
Windows 7

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:18 am

That's a great show, isn't it?! My kids are hooked on it, and we all watch it together as a family before they go to bed.

The explanations of why we see optical illusions was interesting. Then again, virtually everything in that show is interesting.
Yes, we have a Custom Scripting Service. Message me or go here