Tell us about yourself

Anything Really. Just keep it clean!

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Tell us about yourself

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:09 pm

I thought it would be nice if we had an introduction thread, seeing as we have a water cooler now. :D

So, about me.

I've been using Macro Scheduler for about 12 years (I think), and still consider it to be the best software I've ever bought, headed by one of the most amazing people I know (Marcus, of course). I don't make it on to these forums nearly as much as I used to, or as often as I should.

I'm just getting back into using MS again, after taking time off to be a stay-at-home dad. It's grown such a lot that I constantly find "new" (e.g. less than five years old) features that make my old complicated scripts far simpler.

My youngest son just started kindergarten, so now I have a little more time that isn't dedicated to answering questions about who Spiderman's mum is, or what Spiderman's favourite colour is, etc etc. Now it's just me and our three doggies at home during the day.

My main hobby is video games. So if there are any fellow gamers out there.... have you played Minecraft yet? If not.. why not?? we're currently enjoying the 360 release of Angry Birds, but also own MW3, BF3, and most other first person shooters. My pile of shame (unfinished games) is horrendous.

The Wii and the PS3 rarely get switched on, but we have 4 Xbox360s in the house, so anyone can play when they want to. I'm looking forward to the next generation consoles, and seeing what innovations are contained within.

Anyhow, that's me.

How about you?

Meryl
Staff

Post by Meryl » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Nice to meetcha, Parsnipnose3000. Thanks for starting a great thread!

I've known Marcus for a couple of years as we met when he had his Macroscheduler t-shirt contest. Me being the content maven that I am couldn't resist. I lucked out and won.

I'm a freelance writer, editor and content marketer (before it even had a name). I help Marcus behind the scenes and enjoy it because he's a smart, fun person to know and the whole world needs to know about Macroscheduler :) Besides, I love UK folks and culture.

I'm co-CEO of the Snave (read it backwards) family, which consists of a daughter who is a freshman in college (talk about feeling old), and sons in 4th and 8th grades. I'm also a proud native Texan and southpaw.

I also love to play games -- mainly on PCs and iPhone. I had an Intellivision and a few other gaming systems along the way. I'm hooked on Doctor Who (See? UK thing.) and read in whatever little spare time I have left after all that.

Next?

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:42 pm

Nice to meet you, Meryl.

I'm a southpaw, too, and an Englishman in the USA. Washington State, to be precise.

What's your current favorite phone game, then?

I like Farm Story and Parallel Kingdom, but have recently downloaded a few "brain training" games to sharpen my mind back to it's former rapier-like self. Ah-em.

Is content marketing SEO? Or is it more based around paid for submissions?
Yes, we have a Custom Scripting Service. Message me or go here

Meryl
Staff

Post by Meryl » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:39 pm

Parsnipnose3000 - The games I play regularly are Words with Friends, Snoopy's Street Fair, Scramble with Friends and Matching with Friends. Yikes -- too many Zynga games.

Studied up on brain games and effectiveness. Few agree on whether it helps.

Content marketing is articles, white papers, newsletters -- anything with content that delivers value without (or little) self-promotion. It helps with SEO because it's good content and not spammy content.

Meryl
Staff

Anyone else?

Post by Meryl » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:13 pm

I've been reading the posts in the other forums and there are more of you we'd like to get to know better. Share whatever you're comfortable sharing. It can be related to how you use MacroScheduler or just telling us about what you do.

Thanks for being part of this community!

Meryl
Staff

Post by Meryl » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Who's next?

CyberCitizen
Automation Wizard

Post by CyberCitizen » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:28 am

30 year old male in Australia. Working in IT I have been using MS since v4. Stuck at v12 until I can afford the upgrade, now that I am in the public sector trying to get them to purchase something is a joke.

I did have a break from the MS world for a bit, however now that I embraced the new dialog changes from v11 to v12 I have been creating various other programs and tasks.

Checked out MJTnet every few days just to see whats happening and who I could assist.

Thanks for the great program.
FIREFIGHTER

melmitts707

Me! I am nobody...

Post by melmitts707 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:25 pm

I started 'playing' with Macro Scheduler several years ago but never got serious about it until a few months ago. I was semi-forced into retirement after shoulder surgery so now I spend my time between Macro Scheduler and Delphi XE3. Oh yeah, I just turned 62 last Friday and I have been a 'lurker' here for years.

Meryl
Staff

Post by Meryl » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:41 pm

Happy belated birthday, Melmitts707 -- a fellow Januarian! :)

CyberCitizen, I can understand the public sector problem. My first job out of university was in US government. It was a great experience. Now I wouldn't do it as I know most need to tighten budgets.