iPhone 5 - Hype?

Anything Really. Just keep it clean!

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

iPhone 5 - Hype?

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:15 am

Anyone care? Anyone got one? Any good? Or are you an Android fan like me?
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

Meryl
Staff

Post by Meryl » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:56 pm

I think people are disappointed because they were expecting something bigger. When Apple announced the 4S, we thought they were announcing the 5. Considering the long delay between the 4 and the 5 -- customers thought it'd be revolutionary.

I tried an Android tablet, and just couldn't get into it as well as I did with the iPhone 4. Best phone for email and typing -- BlackBerry. Still not fast with an on-screen keyboard after using it over a year.

Me_again
Automation Wizard

Post by Me_again » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:12 pm

I don't get the whole Apple mystique, so I won't be spending my money on any of their products. I'm more excited by the possibilities of very cheap android tablets - but I didn't buy one yet.

Meryl
Staff

Post by Meryl » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:26 pm

I tried a cheaper Android tablet and even blew away the built-in ROM replacing it with a popular one. Played with it for a few months and couldn't get into it. Then I got an iPad as a gift and immediately took to it. I'm not one of those Apple freaks either. It was my first Apple product since the Apple ][+

Rain
Automation Wizard

Post by Rain » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:33 pm

I don't have a cell phone so I don't have an opinion either way but what I don't get is why isn't a charger included with the purchases of the new iPhone 5? I saw some news report where iPhone 4 owners have to purchases an adapter for a ridiculous amount of money to charge the new iPhone with their current charger :shock: .

I remember a time when Apple was having a fit with Microsoft's business antics but now they're reminding me more and more of the way Microsoft uses to be in the 90. They want to have full control over the "smart phone" and tablet market.

I for one will never ever purchase an Apple product. I won a few iPods a few (1 shuffle and 4 Nano's) years ago and like 'em but those are the only Apple products I own.

CyberCitizen
Automation Wizard

Post by CyberCitizen » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:04 am

I have had iPhones, they are nice, easy to use, I had to jailbreak mine of course. I got the new ipad (ipad 3) and quite like it. Jailbroken of course.

Now using Android, and prefer the openness of it. Does everything my iPhone could. The only thing that I have on the droid that I didn't on the iPhone was Fetch That Number which if the number calling isn't in my contact list it looks it up on a reverse number directory & lets me know who is calling. Works really well.
FIREFIGHTER

Meryl
Staff

Post by Meryl » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:34 pm

Speaking of iPhone 5 -- you may have heard about Apple replacing Google Maps with its own map in iOS6 and how it's inaccurate. Joy of Tech did a good comic on it:

http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/jo ... /1747.html

Jerry Thomas
Macro Veteran

Post by Jerry Thomas » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:03 pm

The iPhone5 really shows off what is wrong with tech right now.
There is nothing new and exciting.

Company A: Hey, our screen is 6.37% bigger!!!!!! WOOHOO
Company B: But we are 12 % faster
Company C: Our new camera has 10% more pixels....

Microsoft Surface was kind of new but not really.

When are we going to get something truely NEW!
Thanks,
Jerry

[email protected]