Symantec finds WS.Reputation.1

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

kdtrog
Junior Coder

Symantec finds WS.Reputation.1

Post by kdtrog » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:32 am

It happens again. I cannot upgrade to 14-4-03 because the Symantec Virus Scan isolates the macro_scheduler_installer.exe. Reason is WS.Reputation.1 detection. :evil:

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Re: Symantec finds WS.Reputation.1

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:52 pm

Unfortunately this is not the Symantec support forum and I doubt very much that anyone from Symantec reads these posts. None of us here at MJT Net Ltd work for Symantec either, and do not have access to their source code. I'm afraid we have no control over third party software.

Therefore please contact Symantec and ask them to fix this bug, and explain to them that we have been providing Macro Scheduler to banks, military organisations, government agencies and corporations for 20 years now and that our reputation matters to us. There is NOTHING untoward in Macro Scheduler. It is totally legitimate and trusted by organisations like NASA, the NHS and government agencies around the world. THEY need to fix this.

[More seriously: This "reputation" thing is a completely stupid metric. They're looking at how many people use the software. It's a mind numbingly idiotic and meaningless measure. Millions of people download Microsoft software, so it has a "good" reputation. Compared to that a relatively tiny number of people use Macro Scheduler. Symantec decide that this must mean it has a poor reputation. By their facile reasoning you should not buy a Rolls Royce because very few people own one and they must therefore have a bad reputation, but you SHOULD buy a Ford. Or a better analogy perhaps: don't buy a plumbers wrench, buy an adjustable spanner instead. You won't get that tap (faucet?) off but at least you bought something everyone else has.]
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?