Any limitations or caveats with .exe?

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Warren
Pro Scripter

Any limitations or caveats with .exe?

Post by Warren » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:00 am

Trying out features as quickly as I can before pulling the trigger, but since trial won't allow me to burn .exe,

1) How do burned .exe files deal with image files called by the script? are they somehow included in the file, or would I need to copy all the image files into a folder on the destination machine? If it's the latter, do I need to match the filepath?

2) Does a .exe have all the same capabilities of a script running on an installed version of MS? In other words, can it execute loops, conditionals, read and process variables, etc?

3) Anything I forgot to ask, but should be aware of that would differentiate the .exe's from the same script running on machine with MS installed?

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Re: Any limitations or caveats with .exe?

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:55 am

You can trial the exe compiler - you can download the trial version of the compiler from mjtnet.cpm/downloads.htm

The compiler has all the exact same features - it uses the exact same script engine.

So image recognition works the exact same way - any image files will be copied to the target folder if you use the relative BMP_DIR location which the wizard does for you. It will also copy over any required runtime files. Of course if you choose to reference image files in a different or fixed folder then it's up to you to handle that and make sure your exe can see them. But all this is the exact same for a non compiled script. There's really no difference - they work the same way.

By default the compiler will copy over any required runtime files to the target folder.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

Warren
Pro Scripter

Post by Warren » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:15 pm

Hmmm. Ok. Maybe I downloaded the wrong file.

I'm on the trial now, but every time I try to compile to exe, I just get an error saying .exes are only in Pro version.

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:24 pm

mjtnet.com/downloads.htm
Marcus' version has a typo.

The compiler is a separate file.

Warren
Pro Scripter

Post by Warren » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:58 pm

JRL wrote:mjtnet.com/downloads.htm
Marcus' version has a typo.

The compiler is a separate file.

Will do. thx.