IE10 Hidden Window Title

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

armsys
Automation Wizard

IE10 Hidden Window Title

Post by armsys » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:10 am

For Firefox, all websites can be easily identified thru the window titles such as Automate Windows with Macro Scheduler - Windows automation tools and automation software - Computer automation for businesses and homes - Windows macro recorder and scripting tools for Win9x/NT/ME/2000/XP/Vista/Win7/Win8 - Mozilla Firefox.

On the other hand, for IE10, all window titles are concealed and become invisible. Question: How to identify a webpage such as mjtnet.com thru the folloowing commands
1. IfWindowOpen>
2. SetFocus>
3. WebRecorder (IExxxx...)
Thanks.

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:52 pm

I'm running IE10 and I can see the window titles just fine. Perhaps you are running in full screen or are you running the metro app in win 8?

But why not use the View System Windows tool or better yet if you want to use SetFocus, use the SetFocus code builder which gives you a list of all open windows. No guessing required:

Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:37 pm

Marcus Tettmar wrote:I'm running IE10 and I can see the window titles just fine. Perhaps you are running in full screen or are you running the metro app in win 8?
Sorry for not being thorough in my initiating post.
My IE10 runs on Win 7 Ult x64.
The missing page title of IE10 appears universal and remains resolved unless the "Classic" theme is adopted. You appears to be only person in the universe having no trouble with IE10's page title. Congrats!
Yes, the Code Building is my savior for the time being.
Thanks for your thorough help.