KillProcess function

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:14 am

Yes, it still applies. Whether XP or above, you may need to be admin to kill some processes.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:08 am

Marcus Tettmar wrote:Yes, it still applies. Whether XP or above, you may need to be admin to kill some processes.
Marcus, thanks.

newuser
Pro Scripter

Post by newuser » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:30 am

Im the only user in my computer windows xp pro, and I have full admin rights since I install windows xp pro as admin.

So its not the admin privilege problem.

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:46 am

newuser wrote:Im the only user in my computer windows xp pro, and I have full admin rights since I install windows xp pro as admin.
Vaguely recall your previous posts above mentioned your script is compiled, isn't? Assume your script is named kill.scp and compiled to kill.exe. Please assign BOTH C:\Program Files\Macro Scheduler 14\msched.exe and kill.scp with ADMIN privilege with the right-mouse button triggered context menu.
On my W7 Ult x64 config, I always assign C:\Program Files (x86)\Macro Scheduler 14\msched.exe's privilege level to ADMINISTRATOR.

newuser
Pro Scripter

Post by newuser » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:56 pm

Thats for vista and above, that require admin rights when you login as a normal user/guest user I think.

Since I login as admin, the run as admin wont work since there isnt any password to set to, because my default login is admin. Theres a slight different between xp and vista/win7.

CyberCitizen
Automation Wizard

Post by CyberCitizen » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:19 am

I thought I would test this myself. With my visualized version of MS in the editor the KillProcess wouldn't work. If I compiled it though it did work. Maybe cause of the way I have it visualized it couldn't talk where it needed to.

That being said I always prefer to use taskkill anyway as it allows you to specify wild cards, although the OP didn't what to use that, not sure why as it has been included with Windows for a long time now, I would question why you would be supporting something older that didn't have it. Another option would be to use PSKill & supply it with your script.
FIREFIGHTER

newuser
Pro Scripter

Post by newuser » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:35 pm

Nope, like I said Im writing a security process killer application for deployment, if i wanted to use the taskkill or pskill, I wont be making a thread about killfunction in the first place.

For your information, pskill is blocked on the deployment computers, because people misused it to kill important process on these computers.

Since a solution on killprocess wont be available, the project would be put on hold until I can find a better solution or alternative.

Thanks guys for all the help.

newuser
Pro Scripter

Post by newuser » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:22 pm

Same subject, but I need some help, have anyone use a AutoItX dll in MS before?

I notice MS support dllcall but I need some example on how to call autoitX dll using LibFunc please?

Thank you.