Server load testing - suggestion ???

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

hoangvo81
Pro Scripter

Server load testing - suggestion ???

Post by hoangvo81 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:43 pm

Hi all,

Just thought I check to see if there's any additional suggestion on server load testing.

Currently this is what i m doing but open to additional suggestion.
Test Enviroment: Server2008 via RDP client.

1 script made into exe, run on the Administrator account. this script's main concern is to open up about 50 RDP connection to the localhost. All of the connection will be using the same user accounts (test1).

Test1 profile is a regular limited user profile, its main concern is to run script 2 once its loaded the profile.

Script 2 is an exe as well, created to log into the software.
add a bunch of onevent to close out any popup window that comes along.
randomize which department it will act on, ie. sales, accounting, inventory etc.
within each department whether its going to be running functionality check or reporting (randomize as well).

This repeat multiple times for each department (i set it to 5) and each department's functionality process is also repeated 5 more times as a minimum before it log out of the software.

each time it runs, application load is timed.
and because its running on an RDP connection, i am also doing visual check via FIP on certain images.. ie : Save icon etc and time that as well from initial click to enter the item. Each session pulls an ini to get the session name, (all error i can find based on window name have onevent to capture name the image by session # and file#) The log file is also named based on the session #.

after all department have had their share of runs, the exe exit the software, which auto disconnect the rpd since the script exe is loaded before the desktop active.

The first script sit and wait on the server checking every 2mins to see if any more rpd connection (window title) is still active, if none, it merge all log file into one.

the second script is still being worked on (one part of inventory has been completed but before moving farther into the other department and its sub, i thought i check to see if there's any other suggestion and any suggestion on if this will cause invalid log time)

any suggestion is greatly appreciate.

Thanks,

hoang

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:09 am

Sounds about right to me. We've used or seen used variations of this method - e.g. using Windows Terminal Server or Virtual Server with multiple VMs. And we've even seen people use 100s of physical machines all themselves multiplexed up with multiple VMs running on them.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?