Some of my scripts

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Rain
Automation Wizard

Some of my scripts

Post by Rain » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:37 pm

This morning I decided to organize my hundreds of scripts and came a cross a few I think are worth sharing. You are welcome to share & modify them but you are not allowed to sell any of them without my consent.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B0bep ... 10TVE/edit
Last edited by Rain on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Me_again
Automation Wizard

Re: Some of my scripts

Post by Me_again » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:48 pm

Rain wrote:This morning I decided to organize my hundreds of scripts and came a cross a few I think are worth sharing.
Very nice, as the regulars on here have seen you do good work :)
You are welcome to share & modify them but you are not allowed to sell any of them without my consent.
Make sure you read the GNU General Public License agreement.
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B0bep ... edit?pli=1
I have no intention of selling anyone's scripts but I'm totally confused by this. Why use the GPL when you are imposing a condition that is contrary to one of the essential elements of that license?
You may charge any price or no price for each copy that you convey, and you may offer support or warranty protection for a fee.

Rain
Automation Wizard

Re: Some of my scripts

Post by Rain » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:29 pm

Me_again wrote: I have no intention of selling anyone's scripts but I'm totally confused by this. Why use the GPL when you are imposing a condition that is contrary to one of the essential elements of that license?
You may charge any price or no price for each copy that you convey, and you may offer support or warranty protection for a fee.
Something went wrong when I created the document... I used the wrong one and it posted it 3 times for some reason. Thanks for pointing out my mistake.