Macro Scheduler closes itself!!!

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Tugsan Topcuoglu

Macro Scheduler closes itself!!!

Post by Tugsan Topcuoglu » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:53 pm

I have 3 macros where I move to the next using the Macro> line and at the end go back to the first one. This loop should go on for about 100 times, however, after 48 times (or ~20 min.) the program stops. When I move the mouse on to the Macro Scheduler icon at the bottom right corner, it disappears. Is there a time or looping limit for Macro Scheduler? My screensaver does not start before 30 min, so that cannot be the reason.

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:43 pm

I suspect you you are running into a never ending nest of macros.

Rather than having Macro1 call Macro2 call Macro3 call Macro1, try this:

Delete the call from Macro3 to call Macro 1 again. and have Macro1 go back to it's own first line, Something like this:
----------------------
Macro1:
Label>Start
Do Stuff....
Call Macro2
GoTo>Start
//Last line starts Macro1 again

----------------------
Macro2:
Do Stuff....
Call Macro3
Label>End
//Last line returns control to Macro1 at GoTo>Start

----------------------
Macro3:
Do Stuff....
Label>End
//Last line returns control to Macro2 at Label>End
----------------------------

Another option is to have Macro1 activated when a window in Macro3 is done. Do this in Macro Properties, Run When, Advanced.

Or have Macro1 check for some other condition: ini file value, file in folder, date of file, etc.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

CyberCitizen
Automation Wizard

Macro Scheduler Closes Its Self

Post by CyberCitizen » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:10 am

Hi,

I also have the same issue, however mine is not when calling other macros.

I have a few input macros which enter data into a system we use. Most cases it works fine, however some times the macros wont run when I press the hot key. When I mouse over the MS icon in the system tray it disappears indicating that the program has exited.

It is usally fine as I just run the program again & all is fine. I think it could be a possible memory issue with the program its self.
--
Michael Allen
NURV | CyberCitizen

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:41 am

AHA....I just reread both issues and I think I misunderstood your problem. I thought that your macro had just stopped running. Butnow I see that you are saying it "stopped" because you see the icon disappearing. I suspect that what you are seeing is a delayed refresh of the systray. Your macro probably stopped earlier, but you did notice.

I have noticed over the years that the icon in the systray does not always disappear immediately after a macro stops. It may stay there until you set focus into the systray, at which time it will disappear.

If you look in the systrayyou will see the icon flashing yellow/grey while the macro is running. But when the macro has stopped, you may still see the icon in the systray, but if you look closely you will see that it is not flashing, it is a steady grey.

=====================
A way to check for an early macro stop would be to put some type of counter near the last line of your script. Then activate logging. When macro is all done, look at the time and the counter value in the log to see how many times that macro actually cycled. Now you should be able to confirm if it "stopped" too soon.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

Tugsan Topcuoglu

Post by Tugsan Topcuoglu » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:40 am

You're right, it exits itself and does not refresh the systray. For now, as a temporary fix, I simply combined my macros into one by using Label lines. I'll try your way next time. Thanks a lot.

Tugsan.

Lumumba

Post by Lumumba » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:04 am

I have 3 macros where I move to the next using the Macro> line and at the end go back to the first one. This loop should go [for 24/7 but after several loops: Lumumba] the program stops. When I move the mouse on to the Macro Scheduler icon at the bottom right corner, it disappears.
Confirmed. I've posted that behaviour with MSched release 6.x :!: Check its increasing memory consumption at the TaskManager (process: msched.exe) before it collapsed. If you're forced this way to restart your process again and again, it makes sense to check the used memory via the script and trigger a controlled restart before it collapse --->

auto close Macro, force user log off, auto login (TweakUI), restart macro (StartUpGroup)