Generating actual text from OCR process.

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

aglanija

Generating actual text from OCR process.

Post by aglanija » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:38 am

Good morning.

I am pretty new to Macro Scheduler, and so I apologise if my question is a basic one, or if I am missing something obvious.

I am puzzled by the OCR function, and would appreciate some assistance, please.

As far as I am aware, I have managed to get the OCR working, in the sense that I have isolated an image which I would like MS to find, which it does, dutifully placing the mouse-pointer in the centre of the image.

What I am now hoping for is that MS will 'do its magic and make the image into text', subsequently dumping said text into an Excel file.

I do not know how to do this. How do I proceed from MS locating the image, to generating a piece of text which I can work with? Does the text exist already, somewhere on my hard drive, and I have just not found it yet? Do I need an extra piece of software? Or something else. Help, please!

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Re: Generating actual text from OCR process.

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:14 pm

I think you might be mixing up the Image Recognition Wizard with the Screen OCR Wizard. Image Recognition finds (or waits for) an image on-screen, potentially to interact with.

The Screen OCR Wizard generates code to look at the screen and extract text. To access the Screen OCR Wizard, click on the Code Builders tab in the editor. It is the first item in the "Text Capture" section.
Yes, we have a Custom Scripting Service. Message me or go here

aglanija

Re: Generating actual text from OCR process.

Post by aglanija » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:44 pm

Thank you! Much appreciated.