Post Compile Error

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post Compile Error

Post by JRL » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:00 pm

The last time I compiled a script was 12/20/2019. I had no issues then. Today I compiled a script. The script compiled properly but moments after, I received the following error.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Folder in Use:
The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program

Close the folder or file and try again

Macro Scheduler 14
Date created 11/20/2014 8:12 AM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Closed the window and it popped up again. After the second close it is gone until I compile again. I restarted the computer and tried to compile prior to running any other programs and still received the error.

My user is an admin on the network and on the computer. Using Macro Scheduler 14.5.5. Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17763. MalwareBytes version 1.80.2.1012

Error Image

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Re: Post Compile Error

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:37 pm

Hi Dick,

That's an odd one, and not one we've encountered before. Does it happen regardless of the file location?

I'll make sure Marcus sees this thread, as tbh I'm not sure what could be causing it.
Yes, we have a Custom Scripting Service. Message me or go here

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:24 pm

Thank you Dorian.
It occurred to me this morning that this or something similar has happened before and Marcus couldn't initially reproduce it because he compiles from the editor and did not see the error. I compile from the main menu. If I compile from the editor I do not see an error. Also not that big a deal to close two windows after a compile from the main menu. I don't see this as an important issue, just an issue. Started after a Windows 10 update. I blame Microsoft.

Possibility? I'm on a different build but I do update. and this occurred following an update.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkell ... indows-10/

In the last week I've also been locked out (Access Denied) from my own "Documents" folder. Had to reboot to get authorization reestablished.

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:35 pm

Antivirus tool accessing the file? Or could the file be selected in an open Windows Explorer window?
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:18 pm

Hi Marcus,
Antivirus tool accessing the file?
Perhaps MalwareBytes is the culprit. I have no visibility on it and our corporate security guru does updates and configuration changes without consulting me. Sucks to be at the mercy of the empowered. Might as well be Microsoft. I have the same amount of influence.

Or could the file be selected in an open Windows Explorer window?
I've done that but not this time.

In any case the message only pops up if I compile from the menu not if I compile from the editor. Also, compiling actually works both ways. Just see the previously mentioned message compiling from the menu.

I strongly suspect Microsoft because of a slew of other issues that have popped up in the last week. Other executables belonging to purchased products not functioning then work fine ten minutes later. I have a Macro Scheduler script that has worked in Windows 7 since 2011 running flawlessly 24/7 hundreds of times per day closing a C program dialog that is a "Upload Successful" message. If the window is not closed, the database stays locked and trouble ensues. Updated the computer this runs on to Windows 10 last Friday. The Macro Scheduler executable now fails to "Press Enter" on the window nor can I "press esc", "Pushbutton OK", move the mouse anywhere while the dialog is open, or close the window using the same name that does still let me set focus to the window. Finally did get it to close by acquiring the the Process ID via Window name and doing KillProcess.

Its been a trying day.