General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

PepsiHog
Automation Wizard

StringGrid 101

Post by PepsiHog » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:06 pm

Hello All,

Windows 7

PepsiHog. Yep! I drink LOTS of Pepsi (still..in 2021) AND enjoy programming. (That's my little piece of heaven!)

The immensity of the scope of possibilities within Macro Scheduler pushes the user beyond just macros!

JRL
Automation Wizard

Re: StringGrid 101

Post by JRL » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:26 pm

Here's one way. Though I'm cheating on the remove the highlight part. Not sure it can actually be done.

Code: Select all

Dialog>Dialog1
object Dialog1: TForm
  Left = 559
  Top = 133
  HelpContext = 5000
  BorderIcons = [biSystemMenu]
  Caption = 'StringGrid Play'
  ClientHeight = 212
  ClientWidth = 476
  Color = clBtnFace
  Font.Charset = DEFAULT_CHARSET
  Font.Color = clWindowText
  Font.Height = -11
  Font.Name = 'MS Sans Serif'
  Font.Style = []
  OldCreateOrder = True
  ShowHint = True
  OnTaskBar = False
  PixelsPerInch = 96
  TextHeight = 13
  object MSStringGrid1: tMSStringGrid
    Left = 16
    Top = 14
    Width = 320
    Height = 120
    ColCount = 4
    FixedCols = 0
    RowCount = 1
    FixedRows = 0
    Options = [goFixedHorzLine, goVertLine, goHorzLine, goRangeSelect, goColSizing, goDrawFocusSelected, goColMoving, goFixedColClick, goFixedRowClick, goFixedHotTrack]
    TabOrder = 0
    ColWidths = (
      0)
  end
  object MSButton1: tMSButton
    Left = 129
    Top = 161
    Width = 75
    Height = 25
    Caption = 'Move in Grid'
    TabOrder = 9
    DoBrowse = False
    BrowseStyle = fbOpen
  end
end
EndDialog>Dialog1

//if you want to get the data from a file ...
//ReadFile>c:\temp\mcsv.txt,CSVData

//or we could use a label ...

/*
CSVDataLabel:
Shape,Colour,Size
Triangle,Red,Large
Square,Blue,Small
Oval,Yellow,Medium
*/

LabelToVar>CSVDataLabel,CSVData

SetDialogProperty>Dialog1,MSStringGrid1,LoadFromCSV,CSVData
SetDialogProperty>Dialog1,MSStringGrid1,FixedRows,1
AddDialogHandler>Dialog1,msButton1,OnClick,GridMove

Show>Dialog1,dlgResult

SRT>Update
  SetDialogProperty>Dialog1,MSStringGrid1,LoadFromCSV,CSVData
  SetDialogProperty>Dialog1,MSStringGrid1,FixedRows,1
END>Update

SRT>GridMove
  UIFocus>StringGrid Play,MSStringGrid1
  Wait>0.5
  Press left * 10
  Press up * 10
  Wait>0.5
  Press right
  Wait>0.5
  Press right
  Wait>0.5
  Press down
  Wait>0.5
  Press down
  Wait>0.5
  Press right
END>GridMove

/*
Options = [goFixedVertLine, goFixedHorzLine, goVertLine, goHorzLine, goRangeSelect, goDrawFocusSelected, goRowSizing, goColSizing, goRowMoving, goColMoving, goEditing, goTabs, goRowSelect, goAlwaysShowEditor, goThumbTracking, goFixedColClick, goFixedRowClick, goFixedHotTrack]

goFixedVertLine     Vertical lines are drawn to separate the fixed (nonscrolling) columns in the grid.
goFixedHorzLine     Horizontal lines are drawn to separate the fixed (nonscrolling) rows in the grid.
goVertLine          Vertical lines are drawn to separate the scrollable columns in the grid.
goHorzLine          Horizontal lines are drawn to separate the scrollable rows in the grid.
goRangeSelect       Users can select ranges of cells at one time. goRangeSelect is ignored if Options includes goEditing.
goDrawFocusSelected Cells with input focus are drawn with a special highlight color, just like selected cells without input focus. If goDrawFocusSelected is not included, the cell with input focus is distinguished by a focus rectangle, not by a special background color.
goRowSizing         Scrollable rows can be individually resized.
goColSizing         Scrollable columns can be individually resized.
goRowMoving         Scrollable rows can be moved using the mouse.
goColMoving         Scrollable columns can be moved using the mouse.
goEditing           Users can edit the contents of cells. When goEditing is included in Options, goRangeSelect has no effect.
goTabs              Users can navigate through the cells in the grid using TAB and SHIFT+TAB.
goRowSelect         Entire rows are selected rather than individual cells. If goRowSelect is included in Options, goAlwaysShowEditor has no effect.
goAlwaysShowEditor  The grid is locked into edit mode. The user does not need to press ENTER or F2 to turn on EditorMode. If Options does not include goEditing, goAlwaysShowEditor has no effect. If Options includes goRowSelect, goAlwaysShowEditor has no effect.
goThumbTracking     The grid image updates while the user is dragging the thumb of the scroll bar. If goThumbTracking is not included, the image does not update until the user releases the thumb in a new position.
goFixedColClick     The grid supports clicking fixed columns. goFixedColClick is useful when you have fixed columns in the grid control.
goFixedRowClick     The grid supports clicking fixed rows. goFixedRowClick is useful when you have fixed rows in the grid control.
goFixedHotTrack     The grid supports hot-tracking of fixed columns or rows. goFixedHotTrack instructs the grid to highlight the fixed cells whenever the mouse passes over them. 
/*

PepsiHog
Automation Wizard

Post by PepsiHog » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:58 pm

@JRL,

Thanks. Yea, the macro portion I can't really use. I'm writing a 'some kind' of database sort of thing, so having it do a macro is undesirable.

I really looked into it myself before posting. I had hoped it was like ComboBox with an index property.

Giving it a second look, I like how you used uiFocus. It's not like I was thinking, you know, move here, click here, eat at Joe's, that sort of macro.

I do believe I am leaning towards using it. Pretty good solution! I like it.

Have a Pepsi, my treat. Send me the bill. :lol:

With your writing ability, maybe you could write an ever changing, learning macro. You know, a few lines, a few loops, no big deal sort-of-thing. First AI with Macro Scheduler. Of course, let's not forget LibFunc. You'll want as many as you can think of. :lol:

Cheat on,
PepsiHog
Windows 7

PepsiHog. Yep! I drink LOTS of Pepsi (still..in 2021) AND enjoy programming. (That's my little piece of heaven!)

The immensity of the scope of possibilities within Macro Scheduler pushes the user beyond just macros!

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:10 pm

So...
In your "eat at Joe's" dream/nightmare scenario. Do they serve Pepsi? How about Mt Dew Throwback..? My preference.

The script is just an example but AFAIK you would have to use arrow keys (or mouse click) to programatically move about. I'm not aware of an object property to set a grid cell as active. Have you looked up "StringGrid" on a Delphi site?

What occurs that you want to move between cells? Is it one cell movement perhaps after a data entry?

PepsiHog
Automation Wizard

Post by PepsiHog » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:45 pm

Hi JRL,
Are you kidding? Do you really believe I would own an establishment that didn't have Pepsi and Pepsi products? And there would be a "Happy Hour"! Not that it's needed. I'm happy any time I drink Pepsi. If left to me, it would be a nightmare. Get the blood flowing. Plus, during those life and death moments, can make a person be more creative and inspired. Think of the macros they might share here on the forum.

No. I was unaware that I could look it up on a Delphi site. I've known you for how many years? And you only just now tell me this? What else are you holding out on me? And, what's with the "no link" thing? Have you been drinking products not of the Pepsi family?

It's all about the illusion. I have two panels(black). Each panel has four green panels(pages). Each green panel has a StringGrid. Each black panel is identical. When I click "previous" or "next" the black panel shifts it's left to show the next page. Each black panel has two dummy pages(StringGrids) at the left and right ends of the black panel. They are partially "off-screen" on the black panel. But they display a portion of the next/previous page. One black panel is always not visible. When you click towards the dummy page, the black panel you don't see, shifts to an offset to cover the dummy with a real page. It's loaded with the four appropriate pages. When I click towards a dummy page, the not visible appears and the black panel scrolls to display the next or previous page. Since the black panels are identical and the page info is the same, you can't perceive the appearance of the alternate black panel. The illusion is complete. It gives the illusion the pages are in this large circle of continuous pages. When the pages scroll and the same cell is highlighted on another, it kinda gives away the illusion. So I want the highlight to move to the first cell once that page is off-screen. So it appears as though all pages are set to the first cell by default.

You have only yourself to blame. You asked. Happy Thanksgiving!

PepsiHog

edit - And yes, I AM cdo.(That's ocd in the correct order.)
Windows 7