FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   Add to FavoritesAdd to Favorites  * Code Snippets
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in    RSS Get RSS Feed  

Reading an Email from a POP3 server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Macro Scheduler and Windows Automation Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LEBEGUE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reading an Email from a POP3 server Reply with quote

Hello,
Who knows the way to read an Email from a POP3 server. In other terms, I search a Macro Scheduler command to read my email server something like: PopReadMail with fields dedicated to sender, subject and text.
Regards
JML

Did this message help you? If so please reward the poster with Reputation Points? Reward Points
Lumumba

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at this: GetMail
Cause this is a commandline tool (free for personal use) you can easily combine it with Macro Schedulers Run Program> command.

BTW: A sender equivalent is: Blat! (which you won't need cause Macro Scheduler has his own SMTPSendMail> command).

Did this message help you? If so please reward the poster with Reputation Points? Reward Points
LEBEGUE

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: Getting Email from Pop3 server Reply with quote

Hello,

I will try this URL and give you result after testing.

Regards
JML

LEBEGUE

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:59 pm    Post subject: Testing GetMail from Tim Charron Reply with quote

Hello,
After testing, this Email pop reader is the good product for my need. It's running fine after adjustments
The getmail.exe is just installed in the winnt/system32 directory.
My code is as follow:

<pre>
Label>receiving

Run Program>Getmail -dir c:\mail\
Wait>1
Run Program>Getmail -install pop.free.fr yourlogin passwordblabla yes yes 3 110
Wait>1
Run Program>Getmail -dir c:\mail\
Wait>1
Run Program>Getmail -pw yourpassword
Wait>
Run Program>Getmail -delete

Label>fin
Message>End reception
</pre>

Thanks for your utility recommandation.

Best regards

Jean-Michel

support
Automation Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

If using version 7.1 I would set RP_WAIT to 1 before running this script to ensure that each Run Program>GETMAIL completes before the next step. You can then avoid the Wait> statements and it ensures that the script won't fail if for example the first GETMAIL operation takes longer than a second to complete.

Let>RP_WAIT=1
Run>GETMAIL etc etc
etc

Lumumba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check if the single commands (you send now with seperate GetMail statements) can be written to a single file which will be read by GetMail while executed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Macro Scheduler and Windows Automation Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: