FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   Add to FavoritesAdd to Favorites  * Code Snippets
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in    RSS Get RSS Feed  

I do not understand SMTPSendMail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Macro Scheduler and Windows Automation Forum Index -> Technical / Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: I do not understand SMTPSendMail Reply with quote

There is something strange in SMTPSendMail.

There is no parameter for the password!!!!!!

So, can I send a e-mail without saying the password?

Such a strange thing.

Did this message help you? If so please reward the poster with Reputation Points?
Captive
Macro Veteran

votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the help file...

If you are using an SMTP server that requires authentication, you can enable authentication by setting SMTP_AUTH to 1, and then setting SMTP_USERID and SMTP_PASSWORD to the username and password that you need to connect to the SMTP server. e.g:

Let>SMTP_AUTH=1
Let>SMTP_USERID=myuser
Let>SMTP_PASSWORD=frogslegs

Did this message help you? If so please reward the poster with Reputation Points? Reward Points
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they exist server that require no password?

If some one exists, then I can send an e-mail of another person. Or another person can send an e-mail with my account. Such a boring thing!!!

Can this possible????
Evil or Very Mad

Did this message help you? If so please reward the poster with Reputation Points? Reward Points
Captive
Macro Veteran

votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they do exist, but most of them will only allow you to send using that server if you have the same domain name.

Example, only people who's IP address ends in blahxyz.com can send mail through mail.blahxyz.com.

Also, email servers normally add headers such as the IP of the person who sent the email.

SUG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IP??? In my conection says "IP direction asigned by server". I can have a different IP different days.

Well, I have an e-mail count ending in "yahoo.es". Then, another person with other account ending in "yahoo.es" can send an e-mail using my account. Such a terrible thing!!!!!

I want a safe e-mail account!!!!!!!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

support
Automation Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many mail servers have some kind of POP authentication so that it will only allow an IP address to send email if it has very recently collected email by POP3 - which requires a password.

The smtp server may also only allow a connection from a list of trusted domains.

I agree that it makes better sense for SMTP servers to request a username and password but this is still quite uncommon and one of the above methods is used instead.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Macro Scheduler and Windows Automation Forum Index -> Technical / Scripting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: