FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   Add to FavoritesAdd to Favorites  * Code Snippets
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in    RSS Get RSS Feed  

Moving the cursor to an highlighted text or a link???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Macro Scheduler and Windows Automation Forum Index -> Beginners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhilinSF

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Moving the cursor to an highlighted text or a link??? Reply with quote

Hi,

I developed a script that can highlight a link on a Web page, but I don't know how to trigger a click on the link?

The problem is tha the cursor is not on the highlighted text, so the link is not considered "selected", so the function Lclick does not work, nor the Press Enter command.

What I tried to do is to develop a script that will search for a specific link in a Web page (according to a search text), and move the cursor to the Html link containing these words, and then just click on it! My goal is to launch multiple "scripted search" that will automatically find the link and open the window (I hate clicking!!!)

Thanks for your help Wink

Phil

Did this message help you? If so please reward the poster with Reputation Points?
support
Automation Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend using HTTPRequest to get the page, scan the source for the link and then HTTPRequest that link. I.e. avoid automating a web browser at the user level and instead request the pages programmatically.

Did this message help you? If so please reward the poster with Reputation Points? Reward Points
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Macro Scheduler and Windows Automation Forum Index -> Beginners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: