FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   Add to FavoritesAdd to Favorites  * Code Snippets
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in    RSS Get RSS Feed  

Calling GetTextInit causes macro to crash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Macro Scheduler and Windows Automation Forum Index -> Technical / Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
c0ntra

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Calling GetTextInit causes macro to crash Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to use the text detection feature in Macro Scheduler 13, and for some reason whenever I call GetTextInit in my script, Windows throws an exception and I can't figure out why.
At first I thought it was because I was developing on a Windows 7 x64 computer but trying to run the macro on an x86 platform, but I tried compiling the exe using a virtual instance of Windows 7 X86, only to end up with the same result.

The error window that pops up says:

The Eventlog shows:

And finally, the last few lines of log output from Macro Scheduler before the crash is:

It would appear that anywhere in my code, if I place GetTextInit I experience the same crash; Even if it's the only line present in my code, as I attempted to comment everything else out to test.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Adam

[/textarea]

Did this message help you? If so please reward the poster with Reputation Points? Reward Points
Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

votes: 58

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you clarify precisely which v13 build you are running?

Can you also send me your script and .exe so that I can see if the same script reproduces the same error here?

Could you send to support AT mjtnet.com

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

Did this message help you? If so please reward the poster with Reputation Points? Reward Points
c0ntra

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marcus,

thanks for the reply. I've emailed you a copy of the source and exe to look at. We're currently using version 13.1.01

Adam

kevinm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting the same error when using GetTextInit, with v13.1.02,

Has this been resolved?

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have not been able to replicate this in any application. It is possible that the issue is related to the application that you are trying to extract from.

1. Does the problem occur when attempting to get text from a different application - e.g. try with Notepad and the Desktop.

2. Does it occur when using GetTextAtPoint. Try GetTextAtPoint against your application and also against Notepad and the Desktop.

If we can identify which application this occurs in, we can feed back to the vendor of the text capture library.

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

t7n7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Any updateS? Reply with quote

Hi,

I just purchased the enterprise version and am experiencing the same issue.

Running version: 13.1.06 April 2012

It is critical that I require my app to be compiled in order for it to run. At the moment, everything works except when i compile to an exe file with the GetTextInit command inside.

I also tried to create a new script with just the GetTextInit command and NOTHING ELSE and the program would still crash once compiled into an exe file.

MY OS: Windows 7 64BIT SP 2 with all the updates / patches / service packs.

Thanks

Rain
Automation Wizard

votes: 28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken from the version 13 help file.
Quote:

Create Exe

If your script contains any of the text capture functions (GetTextAtPos, GetTextInRect, GetWindowsTextEx, GetTextPos, WaitScreenText) you will need to supply the following files with your .exe:

GetWord.dll
GetWordNT.dll
GetWord_x64.dll
GetWordNT_x64.dll
GetWord_x64.exe
License.dat

These files can be found in the Macro Scheduler program folder. Copy the above files to the same location as your .exe.

Some of my Scripts I'm sharing with the world

t7n7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: :D Reply with quote

Thanks Rain!!

I'm a happy camper for now... though I do wish these libraries are included in the next update for a single executable!

Rain
Automation Wizard

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're very welcome.

I believe (But don't know for sure) the reason why the files are not automatically included is to keep the executable size as small as possible plus not every script uses the GetText functions. GetWordNT_x64.dll and GetWord_x64.exe combined are over 4 MB. I personally haven't used the GetText functions and would hate for my executable's sizes to increase by roughly 5 MB.

Maybe Marcus can include an option like a check box in the compiler to include those files? You can post the suggestion in the "Enhancement Suggestions" forum here http://www.mjtnet.com/usergroup/enhancement-suggestions-f8.html

Some of my Scripts I'm sharing with the world

Me_again
Automation Wizard

votes: 12

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a third party library so the issue may be the license terms.
JRL
Automation Wizard

votes: 91

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also import them into your script then have the script export them to be used. I'd also make sure to delete them when I was finished with them. Its possible this violates some licensing terms but if it does, I haven't seen it.

Me_again
Automation Wizard

votes: 12

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't find the getword license on their website.

If you just gotta have a single file distribution use an installer package, like inno, to combine everything.

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While they are third party libraries the "issue" is technical. These are low level hooks that have to hook into every application and process running on your system. Otherwise they cannot do what they do. These hooks *HAVE* to live in external DLLs. It is simply impossible to make them work as part of the application. A lot of work has been done to shrink the number of files required to as small as possible.

Welcome to the world of software distribution. Barely any software exists that doesn't need multiple files to function. That's why we use installers, which package up all the files you require so that your user/customer can run one installer file which unpacks all the files and sets everything up for them. As suggested you could use the free Inno Setup installer, or use Macro Scheduler's own binary import/export functions. Or just use a good old zip file.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Macro Scheduler and Windows Automation Forum Index -> Technical / Scripting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: