FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   Add to FavoritesAdd to Favorites  * Code Snippets
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in    RSS Get RSS Feed  

Extract ALL properties for clip at once...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Macro Scheduler and Windows Automation Forum Index -> Enhancement Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dicktater

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Extract ALL properties for clip at once... Reply with quote

-
Extract ALL properties for clip(s) in a category or individually at once to email, other application, blog post etc.

I am at a loss. I would like to extract ALL of the data ClipMagic collects for a given clip; including the clip itself, URL, comments, and page/document title.

It seems that to do this, I have to go to a clip properties dialog and copy each field individually. What a pain to not be able to send by email, or paste the entire clip properties into another document or even extract the full category cleanly.

Where I thought this program would be very useful was in the collecting of research items whereby I could copy an important piece from the document - i.e a summary or significant paragraph or sentence, and then paste it fully sourced elsewhere.

Alas, I was wrong. Unless there is a way an individual can parse a saved category/database, it appears that this cannot be done.

Don't you think that this would be a desirable feature that would set ClipMagic far ahead of similar applications?

Useful for:

researchers
journalists
writers
bloggers

ClipMagic does seem to be very useful. However, I am not really sure if I will continue to use unless I am able to extract the data as described above. Browsers already have powerful bookmark utilities built into them. The clipboard utility I currently use is Miniclip. The executabe is 1/3 the size of ClipMagic and has many built-in useful functions. However, I would replace it in a second if I were able to extract clip data in ClipMagic.

Did this message help you? If so please reward the poster with Reputation Points? Reward Points
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Macro Scheduler and Windows Automation Forum Index -> Enhancement Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: