Joined: 19 Sep 2002
Location: Dorset, UK
|Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:34 am Post subject: Macro Scheduler 8.0 Released
|In this post:
* Macro Scheduler 8.0 Released
* WebRecorder 1.64 Available
* Image Recognition Library
* Using Macro Scheduler for Automated Testing
* Contact Details
First of all may I take this opportunity to wish you a happy and prosperous new year!
Macro Scheduler 8.0 Released
We are very pleased to announce the availability of Macro Scheduler 8.0. New Features At a glance:
* Scheduler Service. Macros can be scheduled when Macro Scheduler is not running and when Windows is logged out.
* AutoLogon Technology. AutoLogon can be enabled in Macro Properties so that if the macro is scheduled when the workstation is locked or logged out AutoLogon will unlock or log in to Windows before the script is executed and will then lock or log out once the script has finished running.
* Unicode Support - Send double byte characters to other applications.
* Event Triggers
* Script functions to get items from list boxes and tree views
* Improved Macro Recorder window sensing
* New debugger functions
* Other improvements and optimisations
A complete list of new features can be found at:
Upgrades from 7.x can be purchased at:
Upgrade from 7.x Standard to 8.0 Standard: $39.95 USD
Upgrade from 7.x Standard to 8.0 Pro: $119.95 USD
Upgrade from 7.x Pro to 8.0 Pro: $97 USD
Please see the upgrade page for detailed pricing.
Or log into the registered user download area at:
If you purchased Macro Scheduler 7.4 within the last three months you will be able to download version 8.0 now at no extra charge.
Evaluation versions can be downloaded from:
New customers can purchase from:
WebRecorder 1.64 Available
The most up to date version of MacroScript WebRecorder is now version 1.64. If you are running an earlier version please download the update to 1.64.
Registered Downloads: http://www.mjtnet.com/dldregd.htm
Evaluation Version: http://www.mjtnet.com/downloads.htm
Many people are now using WebRecorder successfully for automating web sites and web applications. WebRecorder is the quickest and easiest way to create scripts to automate web activity. Read more at:
Image Recognition Library
The Macro Scheduler Image Library provides functions for comparing images and locating the position of one image in another. Finding a button on the screen, for example.
These functions are extremely useful when automating applications which don't expose standard Windows objects, or in situations when it is impossible to access the GUI objects directly, such as:
- Controlling Java applets
- Automating Flash applets
- Automating Terminal Server/Citrix/Virtual PC sessions remotely
- Automating VNC, Remote Admin, PC Anywhere, Radmin sessions etc
- Telnet sessions
The image library allows recognition of objects graphically and is therefore independent of the technology used to display objects on the screen.
The Image Recognition Library is a free download for users of Macro Scheduler.
Using Macro Scheduler for Automated Testing
Macro Scheduler has been used successfully for automated software and load testing for a number of years. People often ask how best to go about this. Well, we now have some articles available which describe how you can use Macro Scheduler for automated software testing and automated load testing. You can find them at: http://www.mjtnet.com/automated_testing.htm
To get in touch please use our contact form at:
Or join in with the discussion at our busy Macro Scheduler forums: http://www.mjtnet.com/usergroup/
All the best for 2006!
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar
Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?
Please do not email/PM me for support - post to the forum so that everyone benefits. For private support please use the helpdesk.
Did this message help you? If so please reward the poster with Reputation Points? Reward Points